Esmee-Lyn, five, was discharged from hospital just 20 minutes after her surgery
The mum-of-two claims little Esme-Lyn had barely come around from the anaesthetic when she was discharged just 20 minutes after going into surgery at Whiston Hospital in Prescot, Merseyside.
She called an ambulance in the early hours of December 13 and the little girl was rushed to see a specialist at Royal Blackburn Hospital.
Lois, from Bolton in Greater Manchester, said: “I was screaming down the phone to the ambulance I thought she was going to die. The amount of blood coming out of her, it was just too much.
“I woke up to hear a gagging, choking sound.
But she began bleeding profusely soon after the procedure
Her mum had to call an ambulance when her daughter started vomiting blood
“By the time the ambulance got to us, her bedroom literally looked like a crime scene there was that much blood coming out of her.
“The clots were the size of my hand. They were huge.”
Esme-Lyn was booked in to have two teeth removed at Whiston Hospital on December 12.
But after she went under general anaesthetic at 9:40am, Lois was stunned when nurses simply gave her an information pack and told her she could take her daughter home just 20 minutes later.
Mum Lois, 34, said it looked like a crime scene due to the amount of blood
Lois is furious she wasn’t told her daughter could have this reaction
Lois claims that she had to carry Esme-Lyn to the car as she was still so drowsy from the procedure she was unable to keep her head up.
A spokesperson for Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust said: “We aim to provide the highest quality care to all our patients and the potential risks following any procedure are always fully discussed with patients and carers in addition to written and verbal advice on aftercare.”
John Bannister, director of operations at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, said: “We are very sorry to hear Ms Booth is unhappy with the care we provided to her daughter as we work hard to provide safe, personal and effective care to all our patients.”